Below is the book’s table of contents to provide an idea of the structure and contents. The book has been laid out to be as accessible as possible, depending on the goals of the reader.
Chapter One – Introduction
- What Is the Software Paradox?
Chapter Two – The Evidence
- The Four Generations of Software Valuation
Chapter Three – How Did This Happen?
- The Challenge of Competing with Free
- The Challenge of Competing with Available
- The Challenge of Competing with Your Customer
- The Challenge of Developer Empowerment
Chapter Four – The Software Paradox at Work
Chapter Five – What To Do?
- The Software Paradox and Your Business
- Alternative Models to Explore
Chapter Six – Final Thoughts